The Washington Nationals announced that the long-awaited opening of the new flagship Nationals Park team store will arrive Tuesday night as the Nats open a homestand vs. the New York Yankees.
Also opening Tuesday is the newest locally-themed concession, Virginia Country Kitchen, behind section 113 on the 3rd base side, serving buttermilk biscuit sandwiches, house made kettle chips, and Virginia-made beverages.
The new team store on the centerfield plaza has been under contruction since before the 2014 season, and will be more than double the size of the former flagship store across the plaza. That location will eventually be turned into a restaurant.
Here’s the full Virginia Country Kitchen menu, courtesy of the Reston Patch:
• Virginia Ham Biscuit: Country Ham, Cheddar Cheese, Apple Butter
• Old Dominion Chicken Biscuit: Crispy Chicken Breast, Pickle Chips, Firecracker Ranch
• TJ’s Mac-n-Cheese: Inspired by Virginia made cheeses
• Virginia Crunch: Popcorn, Smoked Bacon, Bourbon Caramel Sauce, Virginia Roast Peanuts
• Blue Ridge Bourbon and Tea: Virginia’s Filibuster Bourbon, Peach Schnapps, Iced Tea, Mint
• Beverages including Redd’s Apple Ale and Star Hill Grateful Pale Ale, Two Shillings Red Wine and James River White Wine from Williamsburg Winery